Monday, November 8, 2010

Charity should be a 12 month thought

As I say in my book Sensitivity 101 for the Heterosexual Male "life is about learning, sharing and helping others." I believe that there are many ways to help out, and not only around the holidays. Most people think that if they act out and donate around the holidays that they are doing a good thing. I'm not arguing that they aren't, I'm just saying that those who are looking for help need it all year long.

I share the wealth with every book that I sell. The Children's Miracle Network is a great organization which raises funds for children's hospitals in many countries. Most months I give 25% of my profits to this charity. But for the rest of 2010, I will be giving 50% instead.

I know not all of you have books that help you donate or can even afford much this year. The economy has really taken a bite out of us 'do-gooders' as many of us continue to struggle just as much as some the charities do. Remember what karma teaches us though--all good deeds will be returned. As the holidays are approaching, this would be a great start to a better new year for all of us. If possible give $10 or $25 if you can afford it...if not, there are many other ways to help out those that need it.

My blogger friend Karen has a great list of how you can help those in your community. Her last blog entry on "Practical Frugality" is a great resource. See for yourself what ideas she has to help those that need it on a daily basis. You'll be surprised how easy it can be.

Did Ya' Ever Notice that when you do something nice for someone else, someone does something for you in return? Let's make it a great holiday for everyone out there this year!

1 comment:

  1. Good Phil!

    Your heart for charities is very important in this time, it raises the ethical thinking.Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete